Jacinta And The Emu Snake

I climb up –
Look at the grass – nothing – no movement – better move back from the gate.
I turn and smell it – rotten snake – he’s right behind me.
“Hahn!” I scream.
I jump quickly on the gate, pulling the stick out of the grass and pushing it hard away from the snake.
The snake stops on the grass, skinny - white and brown patterns all over his body.
His mouth is open and I can still see his white sharp fangs and smell his ugly breath.
His eyes lock on me, red and penetrating.
I push the stick into the grass to get away.
He slides quietly into the grass and follows.
I push really hard now, nearly toppling the gate with each thrust – run! run!
But the snake is right behind her following following.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!