Queen Of The Damned

I’m not like any other sixteen year old girl. I’m the Queen of the Damned. My innocence has fled. November 16th changed my life, I learnt of my irreversible fate. I was born for one purpose and one purpose only, I must save the undead, but really it’s the sick and dying I must save.
I’m Willow and this is my story.
I know you can’t see my change, but I know it’s there. To any teenager it seems the world is at your fingertips, no longer is this the case, for I am at the worlds.
As the sunlight peeks through a gap in the window, I slowly open my eyes. To my astonishment I am not in my bed, or even my house. Confusion overwhelms me. Sandstone walls, with everything white, I cannot decide where I am.
The creaking of a door stuns me, I turn awkwardly only to find a well built boy standing in the doorway wearing a cheeky grin.
“Hi, I’m Sam, but you can call me Sharkbait.”
I stand there in disbelief.
“Follow me to the kitchen, I’ll fix you something to eat”
After heading through a maze of hallways and up and down an array of stairs he orders me to sit. I follow his instructions through pure fear.
He begins to explain.
“The legacy began many years ago, our last queen was your mother, but since her tragic death, we had to wait for you to become of age.”
I think to myself ‘is this guy mental or does he get a kick out of this’. He must have read my facial expression.
“No Willow, your blood is pure. You must heal the sick and dying for you to ever have a chance at eternal rest.”
“Okay, you really are crazy, why in my right mind would I want to die?”
“My dear girl, once you age, you will beg for death to knock at your door.”
So my training commenced, with Sharkbait as my mentor.
My first child was Mary-Lou Burkin, she was dying of cancer, but with the flick of my wrist she was healed, as I did with the next two hundred and seventy nine. Laho Mcentine was the next child I would save. I flicked my wrist over him, as I had done so many times before, but this time no golden glow appeared as a result of healing.
I reported my findings to Sharkbait. All colour drained from his face
“Valentine has fed his soul to a demon, there is nothing we can do for him now.”
The following night I returned to Laho. I followed the procedure I had found in some old books, as my untouched health drained into him, I fell to the floor.
My friends, I tell you this story from my grave. You see someone had to carry on the legacy. Seeing as I gave my life to him, he had no choice but to give his to the world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!