A Lost Man

As I walked down the long narrow highway on a dark windy night I was waiting for a car to drive past because I was lost. After about an hour I decided to start walking up the road. As I was walking I saw an old barn on the side of the road, so decided to stop and stay for the night. I walked down the path and entered the old wrecked barn. Inside it was dark, dirty and had lots of hay on the ground. There was also a loft, so I climbed up to the loft and found a big pile of hay in the corner. I laid down in the rough hay and went to sleep.
The next morning I got up, walked to the door, opened it and walked down the path. Out the corner of my I saw a white Ute drive past. I ran alongside it and screamed stop, stop wait for me I need help but the car just kept driving and that made me so angry. I started to walk again when a red sports car came from around the corner. I waved like mad and the car started to slow down and parked on the side of the road. ”Where are you heading” the young man said? “I need to get home but I don’t know where I am” I replied. “I was on my way to Adelaide when I got lost because my map blew away, can you please take me there”. “Yea that’s fine get in”, he said. So I got in the front seat and said,” Thanks a lot here take this”. “What is it?” he asked. “It’s $20 for fuel” I replied. “No thanks” he replied. “Please take it, I insist”.
About an hour later we arrive in Alidade I got out and said,” thanks a lot for that ride”. “No worries “. I walk up the front porch and opened my door and walk in and grabbed an icy pole out of the freezing cold freezer and sat down to watch some TV. My favourite TV show was on so that made my day. From that day on I never went on a road trip by myself, I also brought a red sports car.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!