Queenie And The Stolen Potion

“Ding Ding” Queenie woke with a start. As it was Saturday Queenie didn’t have to go to witch school. (She was a witch.) She put on her dressing gown, which was embroidered with silver sequins and golden moons. Then grabbed her midnight blue slippers and put them on. Downstairs her mother was calling loudly ”Breakfast.“ Queenie ran out and jumped onto the banister. She pulled out her wand and muttered “Abrikada, abrikadoo slide down, at full speed too.” Down she slid.

Queenie jumped down onto the kitchen floor. It was an unusual room. It had a bench and a large table in the middle. Underneath the table was a large hole leading to an underground room filled with magic.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Queenie rushed over and opened it. Standing on the porch were Antonie and Katherine (her best friends). They were huffing like anything.

“Queenie, you have to help us”, said Antonie.

“Tom, our younger brother, has got laughing disease and when we checked for an antidote it wasn’t there”, continued Katherine.

Queenie thought for a bit. “Was there anything that could give us a clue as to who took it?” asked Queenie.

“Yes, there was something”, remembered Katherine holding out some goblin’s cloth.

Queenie said excitedly, “Hey, Mum, do you have a map showing where the goblins live?”

“Yes, would you like me to get it?”

“Yes, please”, the girls chorused.

Queenie’s mother ran upstairs. She came back with a small, but very dusty map in her hand and passed it to Antonie.

“We are going to look for something”, explained Queenie.

“So, will you need Dad’s bike?”, asked her Mum.

“No, but I think we’ll need to borrow your broomstick.”

“Alright ”.

“Let’s go then”, said Queenie as she led the way to the garage. She grabbed her Mother’s broomstick then hopped on and motioned for Antonie and Katherine to sit behind her. “Broom, fly high and swift as a gull”, chanted Queenie, “go to Goblin’s Humunsy”.

It flew through the air and after about ten minutes came to a complete halt in front of a large, grey castle. The girls jumped off and started to walk towards it. At the door were two mean looking guards with swords. Queenie grabbed her wand and muttered, “Lamon turn Tortali”.

The guards turned to stone.

The girls continued to walk through the castle. It was very quiet, probably because the goblins believed in sleeping in. Soon the girls arrived at an open vault.

A dragon appeared at the door. Queenie tried “Lamon turn Tortali”.

It did not work.

Only one claw turned to stone.

“I know, you have to say the spell lots of times”, exclaimed Antonie.

Queenie did just that.

Eventually the dragon turned completely to stone.

The girls ran in excitedly and grabbed a bottle on the shelf. It read: Laughing Disease Antidote. Katherine put it in her pocket.

They returned to Antonie and Katherine’s house and Tom was saved.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!