Cairo

Cairo, the city of contradiction, The land formerly graced by the Pharaoh and the King, Where the new generation is full of dereliction, Where religious battles and political chaos has lead to the city’s downswing.

The Pyramids, the Sphinx and the temples of old, The great history of Cairo, The artefacts of more value than gold, And the gods and goddesses of many years ago.

Cairo, the city as busy as a marketplace, The land of deserts, dirt and dust, Where getting to work on time is a race, Leaving many with a sense of disgust.

Honk! Honk! Beep! Beep! The main sound on the street, The noise makes it ever so difficult to sleep, And so does the heat.

Cairo, the city of unpredictability, One day pleasant, one day revolting, Cairo the land of fragility, The land cursed with the gruelling heat that stings.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!