A Holden Ute


“Daddy, can I take my Hannah Montana doll camping?” said Lucy in an enthusiastic voice “Your seven years old Lucy aren’t you a little too old for Hannah Montana?” replied her Dad “Ok, I won’t take it then” said Lucy in a disappointed voice then she ran off to play with her dog Miley.
“Family meeting everybody gather round” shouted Mum “We’re picking up Uncle Bruce and Aunt Tina in 20 minutes so I need you guys to pack the van. Lucy get the tents, Gordon get the picnic blanket, Haley get the esky, Chelsea get the sleeping bags and Bryan……………………… just don’t break anything”.
The Miller family were going on a camping trip with their Uncle Bruce and Aunt Tina for 2 days and 1 night. While they were there they were catching up with some friends at the beach. “I call shotgun” said Bryon enthusiastically “Mum I refuse to sit in the back with Gordon, he’s DISGUSTING” said Haley “Haley and Bryan just get in the car” said mum in a strained voice.
When the Miller family got there they had dinner and put up the tents.
The next day the Miller family said goodbye to their Uncle Bruce and Aunt Tina as they were driving to the beach to catch up with their friends. Their Uncle and Aunt were catching a bus home.
When they were almost at the beach the van stopped moving. “What’s going on?” asked Lucy “The van just broke down” answered Chelsea “Thankyou Captain Obvious” said Gordon in a babyish way.
10 minutes later the whole Miller family were sitting on a bench wondering what to do next. “Can’t we get a bus?” asked Lucy “The bus your Uncle and Aunt were catching was the last one until after Christmas, but if we run we could make it and get home for Christmas!” said Mum. “Let’s go!” said Gordon
The Miller family got everything out of the van and started running to the nearest bus stop. They decided to leave the van there; after all, they were buying a new one for Christmas.
They finally reached the bus stop, and there was the bus! They ran as fast as they could but it was too late the bus had gone and it was never coming back. “How far away is home from here?” asked Lucy “At least 50km” replied Dad.
The Miller family thought that all hope was lost, until Uncle Bruce pulled up in a Holden Ute. “How?” said Haley, lost for words “I saw you running towards the bus so I left Tina, hired a Ute and drove down to get you guys and take you to Tina and my place for Christmas, its only about 6km” explained Uncle Bruce. “You’re the BEST Uncle Bruce” said Lucy.
The Miller family celebrated Christmas with Uncle Bruce and Aunt Tina, it was the best Christmas they’d had yet.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!