Cabin Boy Cooper

My name is Cabin Boy Cooper and I was caught by Tabitha the Terrible. She’s mean and savage and has been trying to rob Gil the Great (the King) for years. Now she has stolen his most prized possession, ME!
That night, oh that dreadful night, I was walking on my afternoon stroll, when I came to the crest of a hill. I sat down to watch the sunset when, BAM! I was hit in the head. I don’t know much of what happened after that.
Now Tabitha is calling in her savage voice, “Come out, come out Gil, I have something to show you.” My father comes out and stares at me for a long painful minute then screams for the palace guards.Tabitha The Terrible does the most terrible thing ever, she puts a thin, sharp knife to my throat. ”One step closer and he dies” she cackled. The guards stopped short.
“I’ll give you anything, anything at all” Gil pleaded helplessly. ”I want gold, lots of it. Fill my ship with it.Then I’ll give the boy back” Tabitha the Terrible said jerking me upwards.The guards began to shovel gold onto her ship. When they were done Tabitha sailed away with a cackle of laughter. The only thing is, she took me with her. I am now a cabin boy and I have lots of bruises from Tabitha’s crews’ beatings. I am sad, alone and I miss my father.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!