Waiting

As you awake you hear nothing, but as you stretch you can hear the tree leaves rustle. They sound like they are dancing a dance of joy in the sunlight.You can also hear the birds sing ,their voices like radios bursting with happy tunes.You go to see if the girls are awake. You go to find them sitting at the door happy to see you. They act like they hadn't seen you in years.He sent you a letter a few weeks a go and it is time to reply,you grab a pen and get writing.As you finish youpop the letter into your bag along with the shopping list.You jump into the car and start driving. The traffic is murder. The post office is shut be you collect your groceries. you decide to see Lucy, she's only down the road. Lucy says that the soldiers would be home soon and you sure hope so.You go home and play with the girls. You hear a knock at the door, you think its Lucy ,she's always popping round.You open the door and see a tall solid figure with an arm in a sling standing in the sunlight. you are gobsmacked, youcan only cry.You fell a comforting hand on your shoulder.You sit outside to talk.The tree leaves rustle as if they are dancing a dance of joy and the birds sing ,thier voices like radios bursting with happy tunes.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!