A Lost Memory

A lost memory

The endless, sapphire water surrounded by an everlasting,shimmering gold.
The white froth of the crashing waves tempt me.
I dive in to the crystal cool water and become instantaneously surrounded by endless amounts of sizzling bubbles.
Waves, each bigger than the last, throw me roughly and playfully like a child anxiously holding a new toy.
Suddenly I am caught by the iron grip of the tide.
It brings me further and further out until the shore becomes a lost memory.
The waves no longer friendly and playful but harsh and cruel.
I become enthralled by the brutality of the waves that suddenly I am sinking.
I reach towards the surface but sink in to the eerie,blue ,darkness of the sea
Every second significant for my survival as I plunge in to the unknown, sinking like a rock and becoming, a lost memory.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!