Oblivion

Slowly the warrior walked across the silent field once again, long lost memories filled his mind.

As the crimson sunset fell into darkness, the horrors of the night awoke from their ancient trance. Within the distance, the warrior stood, anger and resentment lighting his eyes as two malevolent, vermilion eyes glared at him. Then the beast leapt out of hiding, furry and vile like a demon born from hell, the scout worgal sliced at the warrior’s head with blood lusting savageness. However the man’s uncanny agility, skill and experience allowed him to dodge the killing blow, only to enrage the worgal further. It now attacked with a newborn ferocity, lusting for the blood of the warrior. Suddenly, the warrior thrusted his sword into the animal’s heart, transporting its vile soul into the pits of oblivion. Then within the distance the eerie humming of a thousand corrupted beasts carried on the wind, as the army marched to terrorise and destroy the villages of Azaraluen.

On the battefield, the war cries of the oblivion army shattered the silence, causing tension through the ranks of the royal army. The appearance of a man covered in the dark blood of a worgal caused curiosity throughout the army, and furthermore as he discussed matters with the king, Jarvan. Then the humming overcame their senses as the army approached. Filled with hatred, malevolence and the lust for worthy prey, the worgal army approached, their monarch leading their path of destruction.

The warrior, standing at the head of the Azaraluen Royal Army, beside its leader, Jarvan, charged into the grips of the oblivion army. Swords clashing, bones breaking and the chilling scream of lives lost filled the silent, green field. Then the warrior suddenly locked eyes with the worgal monarch, Chillheart. Instantly their blades locked in a skilled, endless battle as the world stood still to watch. For hours, days and months they battled, the once green field covered with the blood of allies and enemies. The battle that had raged around them gone, silent and tranquil, too tranquil. Suddenly the two sworn enemies collapsed, all energy depleted from their bodies.

That day, when their swords dropped, one stood victorious, Yi. Now, he walks the plains, the cries of his allies and the clanging of swords clouding his mind, always searching for more challengers. Searching and searching for his sworn, escaped enemy, Chillheart.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!