A Swim At The Beach

One a hot blazing Saturday, two friends decided to go to the beach. Jacob a small boy in year 6, was a very nice person. Callum has Autism, but they are still best friends no matter! They packed their bags to go. They had sunblock, sunglasses, extra clothes, swimsuits and goggles. Jacob’s parent decided to take the food and utensils in their little cooler so they packed the chips, some fried chicken and egg sandwiches. Callum’s parent decided to bring the drinks so they brought fanta, coke, sprite and beer.

The two families met at Callum’s house. From there they went to the to the beach. When they got to the beach they changed into their swimsuit and slapped on some sunblock. They jumped into the water, splashing water at each other at each other. Meanwhile George and Mary, Jacob’s parents placed down the mat and laid the food onto the mat, Bob and Jane Callum’s parents got the plastic cups and the drinks. They took out the sprite, coke and the fanta. The two men opened up the beer and started drinking, the women were talking about something but the men tried to avoid hearing what they had to say.

While the Jacob and Callum were swimming, they both noticed a great white shark was heading towards the beach. Luckily the lifeguard was looking and started blowing the whistle like crazy, but the boys were looking and they did not see their parents. They thought it was their parents so they kept in the water until they saw their parents screaming and asking them to get out of the water.
They looked at each other swimming as fast as they could but the shark was coming closer and closer. Finally they got to shore. When they got out they started panting and their parents asked them if they were OK but callum was panting even more after Bob asked him if he was OK. He couldn’t stop breathing heavily. Luckily they brought an asthma puffer with them. The lifeguard quickly came to assist but by the time he came Callum had fainted.

The two families went back to Callum’s house. Jacob brought out the ice pack and Bob carried Callum to his room. George and Mary took everything out of the car. Jacob raced in the room to give him the ice pack Bob asked Jacob to stay with Callum until they took George and Mary’s thing back to their home. After a few minutes Jacob when to the phone and called Callum’s parent “Bob, Callum is awake. Come quickly” they quickly came back. Jacob asked Bob if Callum can recover we might be able to go to the beach next Saturday or Sunday. George and Mary went back home. George and Mary were discussing about whether or not they should go Jacob couldn’t be bothered about hearing what they were saying. He was just glad that his best friend was safe and sound.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!