The Top Hat

One fine afternoon there was a prince named Jason. He felt really lonely because there was no one he could talk to. It was just his sister that lived with him because his mum and dad died in a horse and carriage crash. They were just strolling down the road until this carriage was out of control and crashed right into them. He tried to get it out of his head because he was in the carriage the day that happened when he was 2 years old.

Prince Jason went down stairs to talk to his sister. Once he got to the bottom he saw his sister talking to her friends, he thought that he shouldn’t bother her so he went back up stairs and sat on his bed. Once the day got colder and darker he felt really tired and went to sleep. When he woke up he went to his mum and dads room. He looked in their wardrobe and he saw a box, he thought to himself if he should open it or not. Jason made his choice and opened the box, he looked inside and he saw a top hat with a letter.

The letter said:
Dear prince Jason,
I have been wanting to tell you about the top hat. I tried telling you but we where always busy to do anything. I tried to have talk to you when I had spare time but I couldn’t see you anywhere, but anyway here is the top hat that I will like to give to you. If your wondering were I got the top hat from I got it from my father when I was a little boy. I really hope you enjoy it. You can wear it wherever you want now because it is all yours to live with.
Love your father.

When prince Jason read the note he was shocked a little. He went over by the top hat and looked at it for a while. He picked up the hat and put it on his head. Prince Jason went out side and looked around with the top hat on. Everyone looked at him and said “wow I like your top hat!” “It looks really fancy!” Prince Jason started to smile at the people. He walked over and said, “Thanks everyone!” Prince Jason’s sister walked out wondering what all the noise was about. One step outside of the house and she saw her brother wearing a top hat. She was shocked and said to him “Wow Jason you look so cool in that hat!” “Thank you!” yelled Prince Jason in a very big shock. “Well I should go back inside and go to sleep because it is getting very dark out here.”

The next day Prince Jason went outside feeling fresh. He had his top hat on and walked around. He saw some people and decided it was time for him to make some new friends, so he did. Prince Jason asked to be friends.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!