A Day In The Life Of Me

Oh, hello. Apparently I have to do this diary thing about a single day in the life of me.
At first I thought that Bubble, one of the people that live with me, was setting me up because she was the one who told me and she has a tendency to trick me. I asked Pepper, the other person that lives with me, if this was real or not and she said that it was. I believe her because she is the eldest of all of us, and therefore she is the wisest.

I have to explain what happened today and it went a little like this…
So I woke up this morning to the sound of the red-tailed black cockatoos screaming their little beaks off. It actually sounded quite nice in an annoying way. Then one of the men who also live with me got up and started making this thing called ‘tea’. I’ve never had it before but it certainly smells nice. Then he went and picked up the mat that gets placed on the floor and it electrocutes you when you touch it. And guess what? Even though after a while you’d think that people are actually smart, he picked the mat up and forgot to turn it off before he touched it.
So he got electrocuted and said a bad word and dropped it on his foot. Then he said another bad word again because he electrocuted his foot. It was incredibly funny. Later, I asked Bubble what the words meant and she told me that they were terrible words that I never want to say, write, or read again. Apparently they’re called swear words but I call them unspeakable words. I think the name I made suits them better.

After the man left, the woman who gives us food came up and gave us breakfast. Then after that, lots of boring stuff happened, blah blah blah, Bubble forgot that she promised to play with me yesterday so I was really upset and so I called her a twerp and she bit me. I saw a quenda, which is some sort of bandicoot thing, and I wondered what that would taste like. I asked Pepper and she said that they taste like chicken.

Then the unthinkable happened… we got taken to the doctor and they injected us with this stuff that makes you really sleepy and unable to feel your toes. Then they gave us some medicine that tasted funny and then you fall asleep. After that I don’t know what happens because I was in the land of giant purple lollipops. It was nice, and really tasty. Then when you wake up you get taken home groggy and ouchy. Then usually you sleep… a lot.

After that Bubble, Pep and I tried to finish our diaries. We also got a form saying that for the last entry to hold nothing back. So I thought I’d explain something… I’m a cat and my name is Diva.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!