No Matter What It Takes

Excellence Award in the 'Dream Big 2013' competition

These creatures what are they? The ones that will sit there motionless until an innocent person would come within their reach. Feeding off the darkness that resides in one’s heart and soul. The only things that could stop me from finding what was previously lost. The key that I’d known about for a very long time but never thought much of proved to be the most important thing that I could have right now. And these creatures would do anything to try and stop me.

It all started when we learnt that the key was lost. It was the centre of the power that we needed. The only problem was none of us knew what it was or what it did. We only knew what my Grandfather had told the night me the night before he died. That this key would be the centre of the power that was required to keep the balance of light and dark. If only I would have had more time to figure these things out I might’ve been able to save my two best friends, my only true companions on something that was too much for myself to handle.

I also remember when we were first attacked. The creatures whatever they were came and tore down my whole town. They also took my Grandfather and many others of my friends from town. At that point I still didn’t know much about what was happening but I vowed to stop these things at any costs. We were to eventually meet up with my two best friends and the only other person who knew anything about this. My Grandfather’s brother. Although he didn’t say much he did say enough to get me to the right place.

My next task was to learn what this key was about. One of my vaguest memories is my Grandfather reading me stories as a kid of heroes fighting to keep peace in what was an unbalanced land. Little did I think that these stories could hold some deeper information that I could uncover. As a team we figured it out. The way to stop these creatures is to block the origin from where they started. As we made my way there, I saw something that I still can’t comprehend. In my brief encounter with the leader, he was able to capture my friends and ultimately led to their death. My motive was now stronger than ever to end these things for good.

From there on I kept fighting my way through. As far as I was concerned these creatures were absolute evil. They had learnt what I was doing and eventually consumed everything that I really cared about. To this point even I find it hard to keep on moving but I know if I stop the world will be at risk. I am now at the creature’s base and I am ready to stop this once and for all. No matter what it takes!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!