Steven's Mining Adventure

One afternoon in LEGO LAND a boy named Steven was in the Jelly Mines. He was looking for GOLD. It was 12 in the afternoon. When he heard a “ROAR!!!”
“HUH? What was that???” Said Steven.
“ROAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!” Boomed the voice. “Who dares enter MY cave?”

Steven was very dirty and hungry. Thinking that whatever it was could have food, Steven replied, “show yourself!”. The thing stood out in the light. He got a big surprise, the thing was a Great big Blue lion!

Steven was just about to grab his lunchbox and run for his life but the lion put a paw on him and asked, “Would you like some lunch? I have Sandwiches!” The lion pulled some sandwiches out of his lunchbox. “By the way, my name is Bob.” Said the lion. Steven turned around and introduced himself, “My name is Steven and I would love to have some lunch with you........ As long as I’m not the food.” Steven said. He sat down with Bob and was not looking at his lunchbox when a spider crawled into his lunchbox. Steven became peckish and reached for an apple from his lunchbox. As he opened up his lunch he mistook the spider for some vegemite. He spread the spider on a sandwich and was about to take a bite when BANG!.

“What Was THAT?” asked Steven
“Sounds like my Dishwasher” said Bob “Hey, what’s that next to you?” Bob went over and picked up a red stick labelled DYNAMITE.

“That’s Dynamite, it’s an explosive so be careful with it. And it’s not mine” Steven Said. “Now may I get back to my sandwich?” The lion wasn’t listening and went off to play with the dynamite. Steven went back to his sandwich and was about to take a bite when, “STOP!” said an unknown voice, “LOOK IN THE SANDWHICH”
“Who was that” asked Steven as he opened to see the butter, Peanut Butter, jelly and “Vegemite” sandwich. The Spider jumped out and screamed “I HAVE TO TELL YOU SO.............”
Then, just as the spider said so a big loud BANG went off.
“Oops!” Said Bob.
“What Happened” asked Steven.
“Does anyone know what the letters DYNAMITE say?” asked Bob Nervously.
“That Spells Dynamite!! You just blew up the cave. We’re trapped!” Yelled the Spider “Who let a lion play with DYNAMITE?!!”
While the spider continued to yell and scream, Steven and Bob dug a tunnel to the surface. About 10 hours later Steven shouted, “BREAKTHROUGH!!!!!! Follow me to the surface.”
Steven, the spider and Bob all got to the surface and became friends forever.
THE END
The moral of this story is that you should Never EVER play with DYNAMITE



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!