The Mysterious Island

The Mysterious Island
One Summer Day, Sally and Tina went to the beach. They were not only friends but neighbours too. They lived right next to the beach. While they were at the beach they did their favourite sport, gymnastics. After a while they played with their pets, Squeaky the mouse and Trusty the horse.

The weekend had flown by so fast. Before they knew it, it was Monday morning. Which meant it was school time. Sally was really smart. When her classes started she felt really tired. In English they got to read books. Sally chose one called The Mysterious Island. She was really interested in this book. So she read it. After a while of reading, suddenly it was dark.

She found herself lying on a beach. After a stroll around she recognised where she was. It was The Mysterious Island! She carried on exploring. It was getting dark and cold. She decided to make a fire and shelter. The next day Sally went looking for help. She also made a very smoky fire to try and signal help.

She went and got some fruit. She didn't notice that a boat was sailing near. By the time she had gotten back, the boat was already gone. Later that day it got really hot, so Sally went in the ocean for a swim. She didn't notice something was getting closer. It got right in front of her. All of a sudden a shark appeared. It had an open mouth and sharp pointy teeth.

All of a sudden she woke up in her classroom. It was all a dream. Soon it was home time; she hopped on her bus. At home Sally told her mum what happened. Her mum said “Don't stay up too late or it'll happen a lot more often”. In other words she was saying make sure you get sleep.
So that night, instead of going to bed at 10pm, she went at 9am.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!