The Great Escape

One night there was a night storm at the zoo and animals were swept out of their cages. An elephant and a zebra landed in Antarctica, a penguin and a panda landed in Mexico. But there was four animals that were still in their cages. They were a dog, cat, monkey and a bunny. They were all best friends. Dog had tall legs and was the colour brindle. Cat had sharp claws and had orange fur and had long whiskers. Monkey was brown and loved bananas. They loved to play together but right now they all wanted to get out of their cages like the other animals. They all knew that the zoo keeper was evil. He didn’t like the animals so they all tried to escape. Monkey climbed up his cage and he saw that the zoo keeper had been careless because he had left the keys in the cage door. Monkey kicked on the door and it flung open. Monkey jumped out of the cage, got the keys and freed all of the other animals. Dog looked at the clock. It was almost time for the zoo keeper to get up. They all ran to the gate. Bunny jumped over the fence with her super hop. Monkey jumped over the fence, dog dug a hole and cat followed to the side. Just then all the animals heard a yell. Straight away they knew it was that awful zoo keeper. The animals ran and ran right across the road. Cars dashed across the road. All four animals got to the other side safely and ran into the bush. They were all happy to be back together and they were really happy that they got away from the zoo keeper and the animals would never go back to the zoo again.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!