Running From ‘Them’

He ran across the rooftops, just like a boat race across the water only changing height for the gaps between structures. His movements were slick, and he started to lose ‘them’, then out of nowhere a burst of timber sound around four buildings ahead of where he was running. He didn’t seem to notice and ‘they’ formed a wall of bodies to stop his running spree. His movements still acted like fluid and he made no change in his course. As he got closer to the wall he started to accelerate and the wall of bodies showed more movement forming a crescent shape on the roof, waiting for him to jump across the rooftops to their centre. He reached one rooftop away and still ran as fast as when he first started, if not faster, still being chased by ‘them’. He seemed to make no effort in jumping to the next roof and as he landed ‘they’ moved from their crescent formation and start to move in no gap for him to move he just started to run towards the front. With the group behind him falling on the same roof, he made serious effort to the centre of the crescent. With no way out he fought his way through, then a wave of ‘them’ covered my view of him and I see no bother in watching anymore. I tended to listen if there were others; loud noises were closely related to what was being looked for. Buildings fell, as fast as possible. Then another individual, this person just barged through hordes of ‘them’ but there was no point in watching him, there were enough of his kind. Not thinking, just moving, and keeping progress instead of keeping your cool and thinking of each step. It seemed the guy before was no different. Then as if nothing had happened the same man moved across higher buildings, three blocks from where ‘they’ seemed to be feasting on his corpse. But it was definitely him, the hat, backpack and movements were similar enough that even a reflection wouldn’t be able to copy him. But he was too high and the buildings were running out and then he would’ve either had to hide or just be bombarded by another wave of ‘them’. With no notice he disappeared and reappeared on top of the antennae of the building. He started to empty his bag, with a can of beans and a blanket. He took some binoculars out and inspected the area. As he looked away he became closer. He must’ve had a special ability as well, it was to be expected after all the ground was 100metres below.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!