The Trouble Fix

“Why, why can’t I ride Cuddles any more it’s not fair!”
“Well, everyone thinks he is too dangerous to ride anymore, “exclaimed my mum.
So with that I went to the back paddock to fix something that had to be fixed. I had to make Cuddles right. The big black horse was galloping around the paddock. As he turned towards me I could see the flash of his white blaze. Mum and my instructor thought he was crazy but I could see in his eyes that it was just fear. The image of that terrible day flashed across my mind. If only I had checked the other side of that log before Cuddles and I jumped it I would have seen the rabbit holes. Cuddles had landed badly on the uneven ground and flipped over on top of me. It had taken us both a long time to recover and there was still more to do.
Every night we go out and ride secretly. We slowly start to gain the trust we had before. Weeks and weeks later, I decided it was time to show what Cuddles could do. I went to mum and showed her how we had got better.
“Let’s go to an event”, said mum excitedly!
So we did. On the way mum was asking me how I had helped Cuddles become good. I just smiled. She figured it out.
“Well, I’m pleased that’s all out of the way,” I said to my self.
“Mum where are the elastics?”
“They’re in the car.”
“Should I really get out there and do this? What happens if I fall off? Whooop! Of course the butterflies start!” I said to my self.
So I went into the ring. My heart was pumping. Mum had got stuck helping someone else so she didn’t see me compete.
“How did you go?” Mum asked.
From behind my back I pulled out a blue ribbon. The three of us were so excited.
“I wonder if I will keep going with all of this good luck? Well I sure hope so?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!