The Last Of Us


19th December 2025, my names Sarah I wake up and I can’t find dad, ‘’Dad, dad where are you’’? I walk down stairs still half asleep ‘’Dad’’ still no answer. I walk into the kitchen I can hear buzzing noises from Dads phone; it has 9 messages from Uncle Tommy. ‘’Where are you’’ still half asleep there’s a note on the fridge, “I’ll be home late, you can order pizza, love dad ’’Why’’ then suddenly dad slams open the glass door he says ‘’stay back baby, ‘’Dad what’s going on! Dad, why are you getting your gun’’ “stay back from the glass’’? Out of nowhere Mr James that lives across the road smashed through the glass with flesh hanging from his mouth. He tries to bite dad, dad loads his gun and shoots Mr James in the head. ‘’Dad’’ why did you do that, ‘’quick outside now, Uncle Tommy’s here”. Dad and I rush outside, Uncle Tommy yells, “dam, you got blood all over you’’ ‘’ Yeah, Tommy I know’’. Dad looks to me ‘’ quick baby in Uncle Tommy’s car now’’. I rush into the car and I say ‘”Daddy what is going on’’ he says ‘’ Don’t worry baby’’ Uncle Tommy just kept driving everyone was silent so I said “Uncle Tommy can we please listen to the radio’’ he says ‘’ yeah sure ‘’ ‘’thanks’’ Uncle Tommy complains ‘’ goddam no radio there isn’t even any service what is going on’’ Then Uncle Tommy says there’s to many people we can’t drive through them were going to have to get out and run through them’’ I could hear what Uncle Tommy said but I had my eyes closed cause all I could hear was screaming and yelling and also grunting noises I peeked out the window there were people running around they looked just like Mr James. Uncle Tommy said ‘’alright come on lets go’’ I was beginning to shake I felt like nothing. I was that scared. Dad was caring me through everyone, finally we reached the dirt road it is apparently Uncle Tommy’s and Dad’s short cut they found when they were just my age, they both say at the same time “alright Sarah keep calm this might take a while’’ then dad said “it will take about twenty five minutes’’ then Uncle Tommy said “It is better than walking for one hour’’. ‘’ok’’ I say so we all start walking. I start to fall asleep then I dose off suddenly I wake up dad says ‘’we are here now, all we have to do is get across the highway and then passed the infected’’. Dad keeps carrying me, it wasn’t that hard to get across the highway then we went through some bushes then my worst nightmare, infect d’s. Then out of nowhere an infected man bit dad, then grab Uncle Tommy and ripped him apart. That was THE LAST OF US.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!