The Lost Gold

Once there was a spookily, mysterious island, that was full of weird things. An old sad tailor aged 27, who only wanted to be noticed, lived on the island. His name was Mr Max Gold. One day he went to a cave full of diamonds and rubies, but since diamonds and rubies were not that rare he kept on walking. He came to a shiny yellow thing glowing in the ground. It was gold, but no one had heard of gold before. So he grabbed it and said, “You are going to be called Gold after my name.” He ran and showed it to everyone on the island. Everyone yelled, “Call it Mayor!!!!!” “NO!!” He yelled. “It’s called Gold” he added quickly. “Gold?’’ everyone replied together. Everyone scrambled to get it. Then he gave it to the poor people, so they had a home, and that’s the story of the lost gold but not for long… The museum got hold of some gold that had gone missing. IT WAS STOLEN. Everyone was looking for the gold. Finally a nice old lady with grey and white hair and glasses found the gold. In a old house with a bit of stolen food. When she came out of the house she went straight to Mr Max Gold.
“Thank you. Thank you.” said Max. “You can have it,” he added. “Thank you dear,” she said. Then she got it turned into cash so she could buy a nice house. She lived in the house for eleven years. Then she too got robbed. Luckily she had all her cash in a bank.
One day at she went to see Mr Max Gold to wish him a happy birthday. They had some cake. She thanked him for making her life better.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!