Black Ocean


“Dad, Mum GET UP, GET UP!” I yell repetitively. My name is Danny and my family and I are going to South America today. We are spending Christmas there. In my Family there’s Me, Dad, Mum and my annoying older brother D’Arcy. But he wants to stay at Nan & Pops because he doesn’t like planes. But I’m completely different, I love them. So my brother, since he wants to stay at Nan & Pops is staying behind.
1 Hour Later
Were at the airport about to board our flight and the flight announcer Says: Every Flight is cancelled, except the 4:00pm flight going to Brazil which is our flight due to bad weather. I sigh with relief. I thought the flight was going to be cancelled.
Were about ¼ of the way through our flight when a saw a big flash of lightning, followed by thunder. The plane shakes a little as we go through a huge black cloud. There is a lot of turbulence. BOOM! A loud noise comes from the front of the plane. We have crashed into the ocean. OH NO! I cried. We were urged to evacuate and get into the freezing cold water. Mum, Dad & I hoped in one of the life rafts. There were crying babies and screaming boys & girls, including me. Nowhere to go, but the only hope we have is to find help. Paddling around trying to find help but no luck, not a sound. It’s about midnight and I’ve had no more than 10 mins sleep. Suddenly we here helicopters circling and they find the plane wreck but not us. We try to get their attention: Splashing water, lighting flairs. Suddenly the chopper crashes, there is an oil spill from the helicopter. Suddenly the ocean starts to turn black. From then on we have been calling it Black Ocean….
Its 2 days since the chopper crash and 3 since the plane crash. I woke up to the sun growing hotter into my back. Everyone was gone except the people in our boat we were sailing east, I know that thanks to the compass I had in my hand when the plane came down. Funny though we were still in the strip of the black ocean. We had been feeding on tuna and water cans they had on the plane in case of emergency, lucky that is.
Brazil.
Police everywhere… The PEOPLE WERE CRYING. What is all this black oil? The police were getting a chopper ready to follow the Black strip. Wow! The people gasped. The helicopter took flight.
Black Ocean.
“Look there is a helicopter”. Everyone on our boat yelled. “They’re going to rescue us”. I was so happy. They started letting down the ladder for everyone, there were only 6 people in our boat so there was enough room for all of us. We got to South America and got on with our holiday, and now I know that black Ocean saved my life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!