Dragon Flu

Pluta is a small town in Dinotopia where a very young and heroic dragon called Scale lives. Scale’s dad is the king of Dinotopia and has fallen VERY sick and they need someone to cure him, so who better to ask then Scale!
Scale and his friend, Garfield, the very intelligent cat were sitting at home on the couch, as bored as can be, looking for something to do. Scale walked to the door after someone was knocking. “Have you heard the news?” said the newspaper deliverer at the door, shoving the newspaper into Scale’s face. “The king, or should I say your father, is very ill and is resting at the Dinospital.” “Garfield, you up for an adventure?” said Scale as he ran outside, not caring about the newspaper man and knocking him over.
“He has got Pytopam, a disease that races on the death line”, explained Scale to Garfield. We need to head to the withes house to get one of her potions. I’m going t grab Harvey and call Junga while you grab Blue Roman and Alfred. And meet me at the mighty mountain!
Scale raced to go get Harvey, the German Sheppard Dog from his house and on the way called Junga. Junga is a young human adult but with legs and a tail of a tiger. Scale asked her to watch over them on the spy cam, located on Scale’s right eyebrow; it’s as small as a crumb. ‘Hello Sandy, Scale said to Harvey’s wife. Where is Harvey?” “Oh he heard the news and headed over to the mountain”’ replied Sandy as Scale hurries off.

“Which way do we go?” asked Alfred. Alfred is one of those types of Llamas that attracts all the females, and that is exactly what happened. Blue Roman fell in love with Alfred. “We go through the Forbidden Forest and in the middle is the witch’s house”, answered Junga on the spy cam.

For 2 hours they travelled through the jungle, tripping over rocks and face-planting in mud. But they made it to the witches’ house, well, just. And the house didn’t look like any old scary house like you see in the movies. The house is new, cream and light blue coloured and has a darker blue tin roof. And a happy young witch lived inside. Her name was Miranda, and oh how happy she was to see us. We didn’t have much time so we couldn’t talk much. She literally just handed the potion to them and they left; immediately. Scale went and gave the potion to his dad strait away and now they are all just sitting and waiting for the results of the potion.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!