Finding A Home

Myer always sat near her window staring out at the cloudless night, hoping she would get away from the St Clarence orphanage. Her parents died when she was 11. She's 15 now.She has two other friends. One was Chloe and the other is Sophia. Chloe's parents died when she was 12. She is now 16. Sophia is 14. Her parents died when she was just a baby, so she didn't know what it was like to have a family.The girls shared a room with each other. Chloe often cried in the middle of the night thinking of her parents and her going camping in the summer, having such a great time.

One day they woke up and decided to run away and start a new life together. They planned that they would sneak out in the middle of the night when everybody was sleeping. They next day they packed all their stuff up ready to leave that night. That night they were so proud of each other. They got out with no one noticing.

"I am so glad we're out of that hell hole", said Myer.
"Me two", said Sophia.
"Me three", exclaimed Chloe.
All three girls gave out a cheeky laugh.
"Myer, Chloe I don't think we have thought this through".
"Oh no we haven't even thought of a place to live".
"We will go to a place were my parents and I used to go camping".

When the girls got to the camp spot, they made a little hut out of leaves and branches. When the hut was stable and secure, they pulled out their blanket and pillow and fell asleep.

In the morning the girls were really hungry, so they went looking for food.
"Wow look at all this fruit", said Myer.
"My parents and I planted all of these hoping that every time we would still have fresh fruit to eat".

They gathered the ripe fruit and went back to the camp site. When they got back there was someone that they had never seen before. It was a lady and she seemed to look deeply familiar to Chloe. It was Chloe's aunty that she hadn't seen since she was 5. They all sat down and told their story. She invited them to live with her. In the end they were so happy that at last they had a real home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!