My First Trip To Sydney

Oh! This was exciting, it was my sisters and my first trip to Sydney. We packed the last few things in the car and then we were off from Quirindi to Sydney, it was going to be a long trip.
The first thing we saw was a cloud making machine, until mum told us it was an electricity plant.
We kept driving until we were on the freeway. I thought we were driving through a mountain with the top and the middle cut out.
As we left the freeway and were heading to Sydney we saw Skyscrapers, I thought a skyscraper was going to be a tall machine that had a platform at the top and would spin around very slowly and you could see all of Sydney on the platform. But when we saw the skyscrapers we realised that people lived in some of them. They all live on top of each other and that some are also office buildings.
After our long four hour journey we arrived at our Aunt’s place. We looked at their backyard and the neighbour’s back yard, I thought they looked very small. Lucy said to mum “What do they keep in their back yards? They are very small for sheep and cattle”.
First we caught the train into the city, which was very boring because all you could see were houses and skyscrapers, there were no animals.
Next we went for a ride on the monorail, which was very crowded, but did show us more skyscraper and building in the middle of Sydney.
Lastly we headed to the beach, Lucy thought it was the end of the earth. I liked the beach but didn’t like sand getting into my swimmers.
I enjoyed my first trip to Sydney and will remember it forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!