Rough Times

Tough times
Africa. It’s a hard life for those kids no doubt. I mean I am not saying that I have the toughest times or the worst problems in the world, but I mean those problems are big to me, maybe not to anyone else but they affects me. My name is Tyson, I am 16 and I have had a rough time in the last couple of years. I have only one parent and that's my dad. I mean I have a mum but I don't think of her that way anymore it’s just not worth it. Sure she will always be my mum and all, but what kind of mother belts their kid or runs away when you are 7 because life gets tough. It’s like, “harden up” you’re not about to die. It's always been hard to be around people trying to fit in with the right group and it didn't help that I moved to a new school and knew absolutely know one. I guess I got unlucky with the people I found. Teenagers these days just seem to do everything that they shouldn't and I guess I am different like that. I am the kid that just wants to have a go at everything and excel in life, but all you get at high school are idiots.
It's still hard at home without a mum and with a sister who does absolutely nothing. It’s as if everything at home is put on me, and when something goes wrong it’s suddenly all my fault like, give me a break! Nothing ever moves or happens if I don't do it.
I find it’s always good when you get to go somewhere, but the one place you never want to go, is to where you will find death. It’s always hard to say good bye to someone you care so much about especially someone you wished you had more time with like my uncle and me. No feeling can triumph what you feel at that point when you know they are gone forever and you will never see them again.
Whenever I look at the night sky now I always look at a star and think that he is there looking down on me and thinking that I made the right decisions and not thinking of me as accomplishing nothing. That's why you should always be yourself and not someone else, cause in the end who would you want people to remember you as? Someone who lived there life to the fullest or someone who played it safe to please someone else? In the end all I want is to be successful in life and not have any regrets. I want all my stupid problems to burn away and have a family. I guess in the end you just have to deal with what you got and live it to the fullest. So those kids in Africa do have it hard but it’s still have had it rough.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!