Dead Silence

The brutal blizzards whimper through the sky
as i see no one within a distance
i sit upon a curb covered in dust oxygen slowly fading as an awful stench roams through the mist i walk on down home as i scream "mother father please answer me" i fall to my knees water drips from my eyes "where are you" i plead but no one was around.

then i think to myself the panic room i sprint upstairs as i reach the door i stop and listen
and what i heard was daunting groans of pain and suffering blackens the air i knock "is that you mum and dad" no one answers i slowly put my hand towards the door then angrily someone pounds against the door "go away leave us alone" he yells "its me dad your son christian" the person replies "we don't want you here" depressed i then think dad would never say that.

frustrated i open the door the man puts pressure upon the door and does not allow me to enter exhausted i say "fine but just tell me why are you in my house" shocked he replies "ere you dead for a century its the season of the dead we have to be silent and let the dead pass by accepting his craziness i plead "please let me in i'm lonely i cant find my parents" he replies happily "yes you may enter i knew your father and your mother they were standing around the lounge a few screams later they vanished i searched for them for many hours many blood tracks and trails of despair i was desperate for shelter your parents house had a panic room i allowed no one in i thought they were all dead but your still alive we will survive together" he opens the door i spot salt upon the floor in a line i ask "whats the salt for" he laughs "its to keep the ghosts out but just to advise you we may be here for awhile in the mean time we have to find your parents" many years later to be specific it was the year 2015 15 years since i last saw my parents but then suddenly i hear whispers excitedly i say "that sounds like,like my parents" i race outside to find my parents upon the floor half dead with the breathe my mother had left she pleasingly said to me "your a true hero to everyone not just me you are now what 28 years of age you have survived so long i'm not going to leave you know my son" a tear drips from her eye as i lift her to her bed rushing back i grab my father and place him next to her with plenty of food and water they made a fast recovery a year later everything turned back to normal and it was like none of this ever happened i'm just delighted that my family nor my neighborhood has to suffer with such pain for another 2467 years until then we will be prepared.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!