My Awesome 8 Years

Written by Amelia Hannah Mildner

CHAPTER ONE

Do you know where I live? Here are some clues. My country has six states and two territories. Can you guess yet? If you can’t guess, my country is the opposite side of the world to England. Can you guess now? If you have, my country is, Australia. So that is where I live, but this the start of my story. I was born one day, and when I was one I learnt to walk. When I was two I learnt to talk. When I was three I rode my bike with training wheels. After a year of being three I was four and when I was four I started school. Then I was five and did my first triathlon in my back yard. Six was probably the best year I had because I went to Buckingham Palace with my Granddad. Seven I made new friends at my new school. Now I am eight. I turned eight on the sixth of June 2013. On the 10th of June I had my joint birthday party and Kate, Kiarla, Anastasia and Ellie came with me.

CHAPTER TWO

We went to Thunderbird Park. At Thunderbird Park you can go to Thunderbird mines. You can also climb in the trees with a harness to keep you up. Now this is really where my story starts. Up in the trees climbing. My brother was too small to go on the climbing equipment so he played mini golf, with Ellie’s Grandma. Me, Ellie and Kiarla all completed the two green courses and one of the red ones. There were zip wires and a tilted wall that was super doper hard. I did not like the zip wires that you had to pull yourself along. It hurts your
belly. When we were just about to finish the red course, it started to pour down with rain. At the end of the red course I did not like it because the steps and obstacles were to hard for me.

CHAPTER THREE

But on one bridge I refused to go on. So mum asked the man on duty to see if mum, and me were allowed to go across the bridge together. But after a few steps I just went to the other side, and left mum in the middle. After we finished the red course we had lunch. I had burger rings, tomatoes and courgette slice. My lunch was delicious .Yum. My family and me got to Thunderbird Park by a friends car. On Sunday, the day before my party, my dad swapped cars with someone else.

CHAPTER FOUR

That someone else is a friend of my mum. Ok lets go back a few days before the joint party when it was really my birthday. On my birthday I got a box with nail varnish, hair bands, a flower clip, three bracelets, two note pads and a ruler. I was so happy.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!