WORST DAY EVER!

It was a dark, cloudy Tuesday morning when I woke up suddenly, to the sound of thunder and rain pelting my window pane, shaking it furiously! Stretching, I yawned lazily, reluctantly peering through the paleness of this dingy morning and saw …..”Oh No!! I’m an hour late for school!!” Wildly I dressed into a dirty, vile uniform that was meant to be washed last night. I shouted to my dad, who had just rolled out of bed, his black curly hair sticking up, untamed, with heavy green eyes hanging half opened, “hurry-up, I’m running late for school, we need to leave now!” Throwing on the last of our clothes, we grabbed our bags, rushing outside, as I panicked about the trouble that I’d be in.

My dad hurriedly parked outside the school, I barked “goodbye.” “Bye,” he answered abruptly, speeding off down the road, as he was running late also. I charged through the relentless rain that plummeted. Then whilst struggling to open the school gates, as if struck by lightning, I suddenly remembered, it’s a PUPIL FREE DAY!!! I launched myself, yelling, “is anybody there?” But there was no voice to be heard, except for my bone chilling echo.

Anxiously I scurried through my bag, to find my phone, when I heard a muffled, hissing noise moving behind me. A knot tightened in my stomach, and my heart pounded rapidly with fear, as I turned to see a large, strange, dark figure reaching out to grab me. Abruptly I dropped my bag and ran. Terror stricken and sprinting, I let out a blood curdling scream for “Help!” Again, through the haze of the blinding rain, the loathsome man scratched at me from nowhere. “Helllppp!” I screamed repeatedly, horrified to my soul.

Aimlessly, I ran into a nearby house, jumping through an open window, landing inside. I watched as the slinky, ebony creature of a man turned and scrambled away. Sighing with relief, I turned around only to face the mean old lady of Cope Place, who was rumoured to eat children for breakfast! Clothed in her dressing gown and holding a rolling pin weapon, she screamed, “Thief!” I rushed back outside, stumbling and falling into the slimy, sickening mud surrounding the house. Scrambling to my feet, I propelled, at the speed of light, over the hill to my home.

I cried out hysterically as I ran through my front door, quickly locking it behind me, “I’m home at last! Is anyone here?” Then I remembered that dad was in transit to work and mum was at an appointment. I hesitated, then observing the dirty wounds I had obtained from falling, I decided to have a soothing, hot, shower. Still shaking, I quickly got undressed and stepped in, anticipating the warm relief, but only tepid, disgusting, yellow gunk oozed onto me. I looked up at the leaking roof, whilst listening to the noise of the straining, clogged pipes behind the wall, and shouted angrily, ‘WORST DAY EVER!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!