Monster Chase

Monster Chase

There once lived a little boy named Bob. He was very demanding and had a very bad temper. Bob was nine and he lived in a place called Monsters Village. Everyone told him that it was where the first monsters were sighted but he never believed them. One morning he was sent by his mum to take their pet dog, Scruffy for a walk and that he must take Rosie, his younger sister with him. Bob threw a tantrum because he did not want to take Rosie with him. Rosie didn’t want to come anyway because she was worried that she would get eaten by monsters, so the problem took care of itself. “What a relief” thought Bob as he raced out the door. After all there was no such thing as monsters. Or was there? He was about to find out.
As Bob walked down the side walk he noticed a slight grumbling noise but he thought it was just his stomach because anyways he hadn’t had any breakfast that morning. As he continued on he realised that the noise seemed as though it was following him. Maybe it was just his imagination, but of course Bob didn’t have one. Bob was starting to get a little bit frightened. Bob never got frightened. When Bob was brave enough to turn around with Scruffy yapping loudly he saw a big, brown, hairy thing. Oh no! It was a monster. A brown, hairy monster not to mention one of the rarest but still most DANGEROUS monsters in the world. Bob had no choice but to run till he reached his house which was just less than three kilometres away. It was very tiring for Bob but eventually he made it back to his house and he told his mum and Rosie what had happened. Rosie started to be a know it all. I told you that there was a such thing as monsters she sneered. But Bob just grinned and said I should have known and then he giggled. That experience had taught Bob a lifelong lesson that he should never ignore important information even if he doesn’t believe it and do you know what, he never ignored important information again. Except for once when Rosie told him that magical unicorns lived in the toilet and he found out that Rosie was actually right. Apart from that he never ignored anyone ever again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!