The Missing Sailors

Years ago, when Zeus reigned over all and Poseidon rule the sea, There was a town just below Mt. Olympus surrounded by water. The town was celebrating Zeus's 9000th birthday. Like always most of the town went on a fishing trip.
After many days the people of the town were getting worried as to where the sailors were. Several days had past and all but one boy, a son of a sailor gave up hope. Instead the boy climbed up the stairs of Mt. Olympus. When he had reached the top, he stood in front of golden gates. Only Gods and magical creatures could pass the gates. Hermes came to the gates and announced "I am the messenger of the Gods, do you have a message for them?"
A booming voice come down from above, "Let the boy in Hermes!" Hermes disappeared from behind the gates and when he returned the gates had opened with a screech. The little boy followed Hermes to Zeus's tower. On his way there he saw many Gods such as Apollo.
When they found the only door that lead inside the tower, it opened like it knew who was there. Inside the room sat Zeus, Hestia and Hades around a rather small table with one seat remaining. The boy quickly realised why Hestia was the Goddess of Home as she greeted him with a friendly welcome.
“Do you know why you are here?” asked Zeus. The shocked boy answered nervously, “No, I just came to ask if you knew about the missing sailors." The Gods talked amongst themselves and once they stopped the boy left. He knew he had achieved what he had come to do.
The meeting went on without the boy. Soon they discovered that Poseidon had taken the sailors as prisoners in order to rule the heavens. When Zeus, Hades and Hestia found out why Poseidon wanted to do this they went to his cave near on the ocean shore. Hades and Zeus entered at the same time getting stuck between the sides of the opening. After a push from Hestia they entered and saw Poseidon upon his throne. "I can't wait to be the ruler of all Gods" he said looking smart. "I'm only here to get the sailors back nothing more, nothing less" Zeus responded raising his voice. They had now started to argue about how and if the sailors were getting home. While the argued Hestia found a door with a silver key in it. After some failed attempts at opening the door Hestia got inside. In the room sat all of the sailors locked up in chains. Finally Hestia freed and convinced them to go with her.
Hestia and the sailors returned the town. All of the sailors wives and children came to give the sailors a welcome back hug, especially one little boy, as they had all believed that they had lost the sailors forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!