To Hell's Gate

Being in love is not all about lust and passion, some people say it is, but I know better from my experience it was about staying together, even when hell broke loose. My name is Tori and this is my story about how I was abducted and fell in love with a demon.
Hell! I knew that I was already going to be going there. I knew it right from the day of the accident, my own brother’s death. He was a year older than me at the time and I was 6, we both had a thing for playing chasey, now I loathe the game, it was this very game that took his life, when he ran out onto the road and got hit. From that day on I knew that it was my fault, I had killed my brother. That was 10 years ago I am now 16, I have clear crystal blue eyes, dark flowy brown hair, beautiful tan skin and how my mother would say, I looked like a model.
I come from a religious family who believe in both God and the Devil; I know that there is a devil but God? He never did anything for me, my brother is still dead even after my praying, my prays still weren't answered. But the day I met Phoenix, one question popped into my head could I trust him? Phoenix is dark and mysterious with brown hair that stuck up everywhere and diluted hazel eyes with golden specks. He sat next to me in every class, we started to chat throughout classes and I got to know him.
That week I had found a note in my locker, smiling, I picked up the note and hurried to homeroom. Opening the note it read: Tori, meet me on the grass area behind the big oak tree today during lunch, I think we should hang, Pnx. I knew it was Phoenix, due to the initials written, I had to read the note three times before the reality set in, a massive grin replaced the neutral expression I had. Folding it back up I placed it back in my bag. I knew one thing, I was going to meet Phoenix; little did I know what was going to happen. The students started to pile in, Phoenix walked in taking his seat beside me, and I knew that the next two periods were going to be torment, waiting to meet him.
I was right the periods were torment but as soon as that siren went I was out of class in such a rush that I practically ran to my locker put my books away and started toward the grass area looking for the oak tree. It had felt like ages instead it had only been 2 minutes when phoenix walked up smirking
“I thought that you wouldn't show?” he questioned raising an eyebrow in the process.
Smiling back I began “I don’t feel intimidated by tall, mysterious dark boys”
It was a gamble but flirting with him was fun, he was so good looking, it wouldn't hurt after all we are only human; or so I thought.
“Do you want to go for a drive?” Phoenix asked, his words purring over my skin sending me shivers,
normally I would have said no to anyone who would have asked, but I couldn't get enough of him, he was like a drug I couldn't have enough of, so I agreed picking myself up off the grass he laced our fingers as we walked over towards his car, he gripped my hand so tight as if I would run away; I should’ve. Opening the door for myself I hopped in hearing Phoenix slam the door shut causing me to jump in the seat. Walking around the front of the car I could see his face darken whilst his smirk grew even bigger. Phoenix now in the car, started the engine, I started to worry so I tried telling him that maybe we could do it another day. Grabbing the door realizing that it was now locked, looking back at Phoenix I knew that I was in serious trouble and I may never see my family again. Curling my hands into fists I started banging on the glass windows shouting for help, Phoenix pulling the car out park and into drive sped down the street aiming straight for a wall, I thought we’re going to die but little did I know that the wall lead to the gates of hell.
Crossing through the wall, the car pulled into a halt Phoenix moving his hand toward my face where I hadn’t noticed the tears rolling down my cheeks like droplets of rain.
Wiping them he said “you made your choice Tori welcome to hell.”
Turning I looked out the windshield finding a massive gate with HELL written upon it, I had gotten what I deserved. Starting the engine again phoenix drove past the gate through a somewhat city with nightclubs, bars, apartments and penthouses; it wasn’t what I was expecting, I’d normally think of fiery burning pits. A castle made of black marble decorated in ruby red gemstones stood at the end of the street, it was so beautiful, I know right hell beautiful? Pulling the car to a stop once again Phoenix metalized out of the car appearing at my door. Opening it I contemplated whether or not I could make a run for it, but when I looked up to see him smile my heart stopped and it wasn’t just any smile it was a genuine smile. Reaching for his outstretched hand I gripped tight as we metalized into what looked to be a bed room.
“This is your room you will not leave it until I come for you, if you try to run just know that my room is across from yours so Tori I would advise you not to do something stupid” laughter erupting from him. He let go of my hand pressing me up against him as he placed his arms around me soothing my back.
“What are you? Why am I here? Can’t you take me home?” were all the words I could manage without mentally breaking down.
Pulling away to cup my cheeks he began “I am Phoenix, prince of hell. Yes I am a demon; you are here because you were gifted by hell itself with unimaginable powers, no you haven’t experienced them yet because you had to have come back home, your majesty, and by law we are to be wed, so you have come home.”
I broke down, the tears just flowed out and I couldn’t stop thinking that I am a demon princess, for all I know I undoubtedly caused my brother’s death, my whole life had been a lie. I know it would’ve been hard to believe Phoenix if it was you in my position but what he had said made sense. I had always been asked if I was adopted every time I told my parents they went a ghostly pale denying any knowledge. I always felt out of place, so his story made sense but I wanted to go back home to start my life again, resisting the urge that I was in fact falling in love with Phoenix.
“Who are my real parent’s?” it came out as a whisper, as someone walked in.
Looking up I instantly saw the resemblance, he had dark brown hair, was very tan though he didn’t have my blue eyes instead emerald green and wore a suite with a golden crown sitting atop his head.
My father was the King of Hell, the very demon who created it, King Lucifer. “My precious girl”
He bent down pulling me toward him, not knowing what to do I was frozen, wiping the tears from my face.
I started “if you’re my father then my mum is?”
I wished I hadn’t said it, his eyes turned blood red but subsided quickly,
he stated “your mother is the very being who runs the place we call; heaven”
“You mean my mother is…is God? So she is a woman? Please I want to go home” I stood up to make my demand more forceful.
“You’re home, where you belong, I need an heir who will bring us to victory when the above falls, you’re going to help us through your marriage to prince Phoenix both of you shall take the throne. Upon the next day war will approach and heaven will fall, hell will triumph, so get some sleep dearest daughter wedding preparations are tomorrow, the weddings here in two days.” He started walking out of the room.
Phoenix was first to start “I am a fallen angel because once upon a time I had fallen I love with a mortal girl, who was so bewitching that I gave up my position as an archangel. Do you know who that girl was? It was you Tori, I couldn’t live without you so I always hid in the background waiting till one day we’d be reunited, I’m in love with you, but I don’t want to destroy the upper world.”
I knew that demons could lie but he wasn’t, so I started hatching a plan. I negotiated with him about us getting married, but when we took the throne we’d team up to banish Lucifer. Those two days we planned the wedding and in our spare time, conjuring up my powers. The more time together, the more I loved him, so when it came to standing at the altar, I felt as though I was glowing as our eternal bond of love was sealed with a kiss. That night we had spent it together wondering if we would make it back alive to share our moments like this together again. I know I would’ve loved to repeat that night.
The next morning I raced out of bed and into the bathroom, vomiting, it turned out I had missed my period too. Putting on a deep blue dress with twinkling diamonds gathering just above the ankles, I raced down stairs to tell Phoenix the marvellous news, and as I thought he was overjoyed. Walking hand in hand Phoenix and I metalized to the war. I’d caught sight of my mother, she had white blonde long wavy hair reaching just above her hips and pearly white skin that shone in the light like glitter reflecting in the sun, and was wearing a white laced dress. A battle cry erupted through the silence, grabbing Phoenix’s hand whilst beginning to chant and cast, I turned around coming face to face with my father who was in a fit of rage, coming straight toward me. Picking me up by my throat I felt my lifeless legs lift above into the air as each breath was my last, before no air circulated in my lungs, hearing Phoenix’s cries as I blacked out when my father drew his sword to my abdomen.


1 month later
Every day I read this aloud “to love someone deeply gives you the strength, being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.”
This is how my love to my demon king saved my life. We are now a happy married couple with three beautiful children, Clara, Bethany and of course our little prince Jace who were triplets, it turns out that seen as I am not human that angel and demon pregnancies take one month. We’re a happy family living on earth, going about our daily lives with the occasional visits to my mother. You’re all probably wondering whatever happened to my father; he was killed by Phoenix when he dug his sword into my abdomen, which left a long jagged scar. What I’ve learnt from this experience is, we all make mistakes whether or not we learn from them proves just how pure hearted you are.
As they always say “a true love story, never ends!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!