Nothing Is Impossible

My eyes open up to let the light come in, my arms stretch across the pine needles, my gaze goes long upwards past the pine trees and to the hazy blue sky. I sit up my head feels empty but heavy, I look around me and all I see is pine trees. My head starts to hurt like a memory is there... but I can’t remember. I go to stand up and I wince in pain, every bone in my body is aching...but why? I sit back down slowly and put my hands either side of me and tilt my head back. My fingertip of my right hand feels something cold and hard so I look over and see a regular sized sword, I picked it up and look at it, it’s got a silver handle and its blade is so clear I could see my reflection, and in the middle of the hilt was a deep, ocean blue gem on the outside graved in gold were branches with flowers on them. I get a gut feeling that it was mine so tuck it in my belt.
I try to get up the second time it hurt and every cell in my brain was telling me that it was too painful, but I force myself to get to my feet. “Where am I,” I thought. I turn around and see a puddle on the ground. I walk over and see a reflection of me but it didn’t seem like it was me. I see my eyes looking back at me, evilly and mysteriously, like I was my own worst enemy. “Tweet, tweet,” I jumped in fright, grabbed my sword and turned around. On a branch of a pine tree was a little robin. I lowered my sword. “What are you doing here in a pine forest,” I said to it with a smile. “Tweet,” it sang and flew to another branch further away. “You want me to follow you?” I asked jogging over to it. “Tweet, tweet, tweet,” it said. So I followed it through the forest, ducking and weaving past branches and trees, trying to keep up. I run into a clearing and the robin lands on my shoulder. I freeze gasping in fright.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!