Places Forgotten

The earth is full of places, long since forgotten.

Ridged cobbled streets with wind twisting and turning through the hearts of ancient streets. Which lead you to places you've never been. These places hold lost lives and many stories, but after leaving you can never find again.

Some places want to tell stories.

some places want to be forgotten.

Other only exist to be forgotten.

Within the ancient city, trapped in old stones of crumbling walls, caged, there is a heart-a heart that beats with magic, feeds on myths and silently awaits the next wanderer, a bright soul in which it will devour. In places like this, you can see things that may or may not even be there.

You think you can see gargoyles moving out of the corner of your eye, shadows swirls in the mist and whispers come creeping through the air from the depths of graveyards. But you will never remember these shadows and whispers.

No one ever does.

If you were ever lucky enough to come across one of these cities, you would find secrets within. These secrets you find could lead to so many things, and as you dig deeper in hope of finding the truth, you may lose your sole and become another whisper in the wind.

Whenever you think you're safe, there's always someone watching. Something always watching. These forgotten cities are seeking a soul, and then when one wanderer comes in they will never be let go.

Now that you're a part of this city you become one who wants to tell a story or be forgotten. You may have only ever existed to be forgotten. In the end you will never remember what shadows and whisper have taken you.

For no one ever does.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!