Children Vs Zebras

My name is Sophie. I’m 9 years old. I’ve got a little sister named Lily who’s 7. Today we’re going to the zoo. I want to see the zebras.

At the zoo, finally we got to the zebras. I jumped up and down. I looked at the biggest zebra. “It stared evilly back” I told Lily. I felt like the zebra was up to something. We said to our mother ‘’can we see the koalas now’’? ‘’ I thought you loved zebras, but anyway’’.

When we got home Mum went shopping. Two minutes after mum had left I saw the zebras were sprinting to my house. So we went down stairs got a pan then we went the garage and got some things. We ran back up stairs. The zebras entered the house we tipped paint down. We got pieces of wood and tipped them down. They were hurt but they got out of house just in time. Mum got home and saw the mess and screamed.

She made us mop, vacuum and polish the floor straight away. Then she made us do the beds and the dishes. Finally it was snack time, but we had to cook and then iron 130 shirts.

We went to our friend Jessica’s party after dinner. The zebras appeared again. ‘’Oh no ’’I said to Lily. The girls from the party followed me to Hungry Jacks we told them about the zebras. The owners left. I grabbed a pan and we all threw forks at them. One hit one of the zebras eyes so they went back to the zoo.

We all went back home and grabbed helpful stuff. Mia had four horses, she gave her three horses to friends that didn’t have a bike. It was time to fight them back. We headed to the zoo and soon the zebras were in our sight. We were about 5m away before we shined our torches at their eyes. Then they ran back to the zoo.

In the morning there was no sign of the zebras. We called all of our friends and said “meet us at our place’’. Mum left in a minute. We all filled the house with traps. I sent half of the group to the zoo and the other half will stay here to defend.

Now the zebras were in my sight. The zebras entered the house. Crash! Bang! “Yes’’. One zebra was in a hole another was in some slime another was in a sticky tape spider web and another was struggling in the pool.

“Yeah!” Just then the zebra in the pool made its way out. “Oh no” I yelled. The zebra was charging towards me. Crash! Mia jumped with a horse and saved me. Next minute Mum came back and screamed. Mum said “You were right. But this weird.” Ring Ring. “Hi, Animal Catcher, I’ve got some zebras in my house, can you help me get them out?” “Oh that was a close one!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!