Darkened Dreams, Are Memories

Excellence Award in the 'Dream Big 2013' competition

Isn't it funny how all stories start with, once upon a time or a long time ago? It’s always the same, I guess that’s how people start seen as most of the time they end in happily ever after. Don’t get me wrong they are wonderful stories filled with knights in shining armor and dragons who kidnap princesses and prince charming marries them and there’s your happy ending. But; this is different, seen as it didn't happen a long time ago or once upon a time, no it has happened recently, you’d be surprised that from now on everything in this story may just be true, this is my story and I am Arella.
It was a week ago when I had gotten home from an extremely busy day at school. Walking in through the door I spotted my mother sitting by the fire with her needle and thread, she always did like her patch work and I must say she was amazing at it.
Upon hearing my presence in the room she looked up and produced one of her winning smiles before saying, “Dear how are you, was school alright you look terribly tired?”
I force a smile and reply in a hush tone “I’m well but school was exhausting, I might just go rest” and I left.
Ascending the stairs I walked into my rather large room standing before a mirror. The mirror resembled me as a clone look alike. I have very dark raven black hair, crystal clear blue eyes and some say a light violet sometimes. I’m tanned skin with curves in all the right areas, I’m an extremely intellectual child and athletic, my passion was for my writing and my love of music. I wouldn't say I was popular but I did have amazing friends especially when we went clubbing.
Walking away from my reflection i slowly took off my shoes and lay on top of my bed before I started dosing off. That’s when it happened, the weird dreams I have been having they seemed to become more apparent. They always started the same but ended different as if it continued like a movie playing over every night. It can be deadly sometimes because you never know if they may just come true or if it was just your imagination, that’s the worst part of it all.
Though the scariest thing is that the lady down stairs isn't my mother, she is my father’s girlfriend, and I was placed in an agency when I was born as well as given to a FBI family. I was kept hidden with glamour from people who would abuse my gifts; it worked for a while until my FBI family was murdered in a fire. I’m the Savior the only person in the world who can bring people back from death. But the people who I love will be my undoing. Time is ticking but I have one more question, do you need saving? Because I do.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!