Reunited

As the cave water shone on the cave walls it looked so magical. Then OH NO! I was in a cave that had water and made the cave walls look green. Then oh no the water was rising!
Over 30 people were running and screaming. At that point I could not see my parents and my brother. I was only 7 years old. That memory is still stuck in my head. I am 10 now and I still remember it. Every bit of it.
I was put in an orphanage. Never to see my family again. Now I am still hoping they made it out alive. The water was moving really fast. Sometimes I am too depressed to go to school because of one quick memory.
Lucky I was adopted by a a rich loving family. They were always kind to me, helped me with my homework and always understood my problems. It felt as if I belonged there.
Then something clicked. I remembered that my last name was Jackson. I asked my new parents what there last name was. They said
"Jackson, why?" I realised something. I had found my true family. In my new family I had one brother, one Mum and one Dad. That was the same as my old family. Had I found my true family again? My family had made it out alive!
"Millie? Is that you?" my new Mum asked.
"Yes how did you know my name?" I asked.
"I found my real daughter again!" My Mum murmured.
"Mum? Is that you?" I questioned.
"Yes darling at the orphanage they gave you a new name, even though your brother wasn't in the same orphanage as you they changed his name as well."
"James?" I shouted. He couldn't believe his ears. We were all one big happy family again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!