Win $1000!!!

Sitting here thinking about what I’m going to write for this competition. I really need to win. I could win $1000 cash and a choice of an Xbox with an IPod touch, a playstation4 or an Xbox1. I have no clue on what to do. My teacher is no help and my friend Zac who is sitting next to me is no help as well. I’m thinking my hardest but there’s nothing coming to mind. AARRGGHHH!!! WHY NOW?!? I take a deep breath and slouch in my chair…

Swoosh; I listen to the waves crashing on the beach. Wishing I had bought my surfboard. I’m watching my friend Aaron catching his last wave into shore. He gets the perfect left hander but then it gets too shallow to surf anymore. He gets too the sand and takes off his leg rope. He starts walking up the track to get to the carpark which is where I’m sitting. He walks up to me and says “I saw you sitting there when I was in the water, and you looked a bit sad. You wanna go for a surf?” “I don’t have a surfboard remember, I thought the surf was going to be crap.” He looks at his surfboard and asks if I want to use it for a bit. Of course I said yes. I ran to the car and put my bathers on. I put on the leg rope and run into the water. As I paddle out to the back of the break but I feel there is something wrong. The waves are getting bigger and bigger. I look back at Aaron and he is waving his arms back and forth while yelling something out but I can’t quite get what he is saying. I paddle into shore a bit but still can’t exactly hear. I give up on trying to understand him. I turn back around on my surfboard and in the far distance I see the biggest wave of my entire life. I knew I wouldn’t be able to stand up on that wave. I stare at it for a bit but then I start to think that it isn’t a normal wave. I start paddling into shore as quick as I can. Aaron starts to yell things out again and I can slightly understand him. I think he’s saying tsunami. I look behind me and there’s a HUMUNGUS wave coming straight for me. I paddle faster and stronger. I get into shore and run for my life up to where Aaron is. We jump in the car and drive inland but the wave is catching up to us we drive a bit faster but the wave is on our tale. The wave sucks up the car and…

“YES, I have an idea. I have something to write about!!!” My teacher looks at me startled. I must of given him a scare. Whoops, oh well, at least I know what I’m going to write about...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!