Seven Go Off On The Excursion

Seven Go Off On The Excursion



By Molly Devries

CONTENTS
Chapter 1: page 3 to page 5
Chapter 2: page 5 to page7
Chapter 3: page 7 to page 9
Chapter 4: page 9 to page 9


Starring:
Lana, Sidonie, Tia, Molly, Piper and Millie + Mr. Carroll







Chapter 1
One day, on the first week of school, Piper, Sidionie and Molly decided to go on an excursion with there friends, Tia, Millie and Lana. The six met at school. They started to pack the mini bus. What shall we bring? Asked Tia. We will bring our tent, sleeping bags, of course clothes and some food to survive. They finally after packing, READY! They jumped in the bus very excitedly, at last, they arrived. Dark clouds gathered, thunder rolled, and lightning lit up in the dark sky. Soon it started to rain. Mr. Carroll told the children to go to bed, while he went to put the rain cover on. Mr. Carroll found it hard to sleep that night. Suddenly, Sidonie saw blue and green lights in the distance. She woke the others and screeched “look, do you see those lights? They look SPOOKY! Does anybody have any ideas we should share about what the SPOOK could be! Tia had an idea “someone might not want us to be here.” They all agreed. Nevertheless, they all decided they would do anything that night. They decided to investigate the strange lights first thing in the morning, as it was very strange for them to appear so suddenly, and then slowly drift away into the cold, dark night. When the sun finally rose, the children and Mr. Carroll decided to explore the deserted land and investigate the sights seen the night before. Soon they saw an OLD Roman Camp. Suddenly, Molly heard a scream. She turned just in time to see Millie fall into a hole. Mr. Carroll ran to help Millie. But, all they could see was a BIG dark hole. They yelled “MILLIE”. All they heard was a small faint “help me”. They knew then, that they were going to be unable to rescue her themselves. They had to find another way to get poor Millie out of that horrible, dark hole. They decided to investigate and search for evidence. They walked in the direction that they saw the lights shining light last night. They got to a tree. Under that tree was blue and green cellophane. They had gotten the evidence they needed. Now it was lunch time “Pass the strawberries” whispered Piper. After lunch, an old lady came walking by. They told her about the night before. The lady whispered “don’t stay here any longer”. Mr. Carroll and the children were sure what Tia said was true. Mr. Carroll, Sidonie, Molly, Lana, Tia, Piper and Millie walked back to their tents. On the way, Piper found a map on the ground. It led to the place that Millie was stuck in.
Chapter 2
It showed that there was a secret tunnel was hidden in the hole. Mr. Carroll thought about having a look in the roman camp. And try to rescue Millie that night; before they went to the roman camp, Piper got her map that she had found on the ground yesterday. The six then walked to the roman camp. Inside, was dark and spooky. They quickly found the hole that Millie was stuck in. in the hole was a ladder carved from rock. They climbed down the rocky ladder. Down the bottom was dear, old, Millie. They told everything that happened after she fell down the hole. They told him the two ways that they got evidence, and how they knew the way out without going to someone with a map of the park. Finally, Lana said “let’s explore this hole” Piper looked at the map and said “there should be a rock that shifts and reveals a secret passage. The passage was dark, cold and very spooky, cold drops of water fell on their heads. The walls were rough and prickly. Mr Carroll flicked on his torch. There were three different passages to choose from. Piper looked down at her map to see which passage to go through. The map said to go through the left passage. Two minutes later, there were ten different passages to choose from. Piper said “the map says to go directly through the one in front of us. It was getting late. They decided to come back at dawn. The next morning, at dawn, Mr. Carroll woke everyone up to have breakfast, after breakfast, they walked to the hole that Millie fell into. They followed the instructions the map provided which led them to a cave. The cave had tables and chairs carved out of rock. They sat down exhausted, and in need of rest, and the fact that they had almost reached the end of the map, that helped them build up the strength to keep going. The end of the map was marked by a picture of a key. Next to the key was a picture of a door. CLING! CLANG! Molly looked down. Her foot had just kicked a small, old-fashioned key. Molly wondered what this key opened. Could it be a door?
Chapter 3
Could it be a chest filled with treasure from a sunken pirate ship of long ago? Dreaming of the wonders that lay behind the lock which this key opened; Molly picked up the key and placed it carefully in her back pocket. she knew this key could find the answer too many of those questions that had been plaguing all their minds. They continued to walk through the dark, dreary and cold tunnel. The further they walked, the louder the “drip, drip, drip” became. Suddenly, Tia screamed and stumbled to the ground. This was followed immediately by the sound of scurrying little feet. “Is that a rat?” she screeched. “Calm down tia, calm down. They all were wondering just how long it would be before they reached the lock. Molly reached into her back pocket to make sure that the key was still were she placed it. As her hand touched the old brown key, the dripping stopped. As Molly looked up she could see a large wall of water rolling towards them. “Hold your breath!” shouted Mr. Carroll. Splash “BRRRRRR!” everyone said all together. They were tumbling head over heels down the tunnel. BANG! “We’re at a door!” shouted Lana “lets open it” whispered Sidonie “let’s have a look inside” Timothy speechlessly said, so they did. CREAK! CREAK! Inside the room, was a chest? And Millie was sitting on top of it. ‘Millie’ shouted Lana, it’s so good to see you!! Finally Sidonie tried to get the chest open, but it just wouldn’t budge. Not even a tiny bit! The chest was strong gold and fastened to a single golden rung, there was a tiny lock. Tia asked to inspect the box to if there were any secret numbers, or digits. “sure.” Said Mr. Carroll. Soon Tia had found a number that was clearly marked on the lock on the chest. Tia wanted to know if the mystery key had the same number as the one on the chest did. The children all got there turns of trying to open the chest. Finally Tia opened the lock on the chest. Inside was a pot of stolen money! “The police should see this.” Said Mr. Carroll. “Can we get out of this spooky place?” Asked Millie. “Sure.” Answered Mr. Carroll
Chapter 4
They jumped on the mini bus Mr. Carroll put all the stuff in and they left to go home back to Wagga Wagga N.SW 6 Patamba Street Korringal




Letter from Author



I got inspired to right this story by my next door neighbor he is very smart and I thank him for inspiring me!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!