Brian Is A Graciony

Brian was on his way home from footy practice, with the jam his mum asked him to buy from the shop. He was taking a shortcut through the park when he saw a strange, glowing object. He picked it up for a better look and realised it was a yo-yo.

“Cool,” Brian said, “finally something to entertain myself with.” Brian suddenly heard a loud sobbing sound. He looked around and realised it came from a nearby tree-house. Brain climbed up and went inside. He let out a yelp in surprise! What he saw in front of him was an amazing sight. It was a tall creature with green skin, a visible brain and orange eyes. The creature was crying purple tears. He wore a blue suit that was accessorised with a silver belt.

Brian screamed. He wanted to run away but something made him stay. He just stood there staring at the strange being. The alien slowly wiped its tears and began to speak.

“Why aren't you running?” it mumbled in surprisingly perfect English. Brian stood there in shock. He slowly recovered and asked, “Why are you crying?”

The alien sadly replied, “My name is Gareson. I'm a Graciony. My people are being hunted by the Rackcions.” He took a breath. “I was the only one to survive the crash landing on this planet.” Another breath. “But I lost my hypnotising charm, some red liquid they are allergic to and my high-pitched device they hate.”

Brian thought hard about what Gareson was saying. “What do they look like?” He asked inquisitively.

“My charm is round and goes up and down repeatedly. The red liquid was I believe called.... what was it? Btraw sterry dam? And my contraption is used in.... Boot fall I think?” Gareson spoke strangely. Brian thought hard about what had been said and pulled out his yo-yo. Gareson had a huge grin on his face.

“That's my hypnotising charm!” he shouted. Brian looked down at the yo-yo.

“Wow!” Brian exclaimed. “This hypnotises the Rackcions?”

“Absolutely!” replied Gareson still grinning. Just then Brian had an idea. “The red liquid you spoke of.”

“Yes, what about it?” asked Gareson.

“Does it look like this?” Brian asked as he pulled the strawberry jam, out of his bag.

“Exactly!” replied Gareson grinning even more. Then Brian pulled out his whistle. “Does this look like the device the Rackcions hate?”

Gareson was ecstatic. “Now I have everything I need to protect myself against the Rackcions.” A blinding light suddenly lit up the sky. “That's a Rackcion homing scanner!” Gareson turned to Brian. “You'd better get out of here. Thank you for the items, leave me to deal with the Rackcions. You go home and forget about all that has happened here.”

Brian decided to leave the alien fighting to the aliens. Luckily his mum gave him extra money which he used to buy another jar of strawberry jam.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!