Milo's Saved Life

                                                      Milo's saved life
Hi I'am milo an English stafford shire I have many battle scars from my previous owner well not the owner the owners other dog. He was a killer to me and if it weren't for the owner I have today I would have died. This is my story of how I survived a killer of a dog and a single girl took me in and didn't realize she saved me from certain death.

When I first met him he was the usually male dog prancing around getting all the attention, you know he thought he was the alpha male of his one wolf pack. Then I got all the attention for some reason and guess what? Yep you guessed it he didn't like that he hated that so that night he challenged me to a fight, I stepped down I let him win without the fight I thought that was what he wanted but I was wrong so wrong he actually wanted to fight.

He walked off though with a snarl on his face I new he wanted to kill me i just new it I also new that the day would come when I had to step up my game and fight him. So I started to get with the exercising thing every dog is talking about I was never the gossipy type but anyway I needed to get off some of this fat. I needed to look like I was tough I also needed to be tough so I went down to the park I was trained so no leash was needed they let me have a play then I remembered I wasn't here to play I was here to get stronger.

So I did about 5 laps of the park and I did a face to my owner that said "can we please play frisbee" and then off course to finish it off a super cute puppy face well that's what she said at least. It was getting late so we headed home and I sat in my fluffy bed and started to fall asleep then I heard what was coming " I see you went down to the park? Trying to look stronger than me well I have something to tell you! You failed so ready to fight now or what." now that just got me angry so I yelled " yeah and about to watch you fail to beat me!" that had just started the fight so here goes nothing.

We got into a corner of the backyard and than ran at each other SLASH went my claws at his hind leg he whimpered loudly and then come back at my face MISS thank the dog god. I kicked him straight in the chest he flew back and hit the fence " so you really are putting up a fight *cough* well bring it on" he whispered and this time he got me BITE strait on my ear and he took the tip straight off I yelped in pain. This got mad real mad and I got my jaws and aimed them straight at his snout SWOOSH went the blood of his nose he did the same right at my fore leg OUCH now that really hurt!

There was to much blood coming down from my ear to one of my eyes so that made it much harder to defeat him so I did the finishing move. I got my jaws again and this time I aimed it some where else his fluffy tail the source of all his attention I did something that would haunt me for life. I ripped it straight off I felt a rush of blood SMACK me straight in the face and he just stood there a face that made his pupils smaller than an ant he fell to the floor I checked if he was still alive he was sadly, he was knocked out cold I had defeated a dog that could have killed me in a bite I was proud and disappointed in myself it didn't have to be this way.

The next morning I woke up early I saw the owner sitting with her passed out dog and crying I went up to her and she gasped when she saw my bloody body. She took us both to the hospital I got a few stitches and bandages but he had to stay in the hospital they said he might not be able to make it. She was weeping all through the drive home I felt bad really bad but when we got home the owner  had a surprised look on her face when she saw one of her best friends and her best friends daughter.

She was devastated when she heard the news and told her to come inside and she will help sort it out the daughter took me inside with an "I feel sorry for you" look on her face. The girl was very caring and affectionate to me I felt as though she would be the only owner that would care for me until I was healed and not think "that dog looks disgusting" I think she was now my favorite human. So my owner and her friend made an agreement I would stay with them and the killer dog would stay with my owner I mean my previous owner.

When we got to my new owners house I was happy, I was happy with my new owner, I was happy that I was the only dog in the house, I was happy with my new backyard and  I was happy with my new bed. Nothing could make me more happy than that girl being here with me until the day that I die and I'am pretty sure I just may be the happiest dog that ever lived.

Created by Lori wilkinson 
a fictional story

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!