Missing

MISSING…
Purpose: to entertain.
Audience: year 5/6.
Text type: narrative

It was a beautiful spring day, about 25 degrees outside when Anna phoned her friends, Elly, Sophie, Alex and Henri to go to their meeting tree in Hills Forest. The girls always met there when they needed to tell each other something important. “Hey Henrietta!” said Anna. “Don’t call me that! You know I like to be called Henri!” she replied. Although Anna was very popular, she wasn’t the nicest person in the group, but when she decided she wanted to be nice, Anna could make you feel like you were the best person in the world.

When all the other girls arrived, Anna made all of them sit and told them if they wanted to say something, they had to whisper. All of the girls started to get the feeling that what Anna was about to say was not going to be something good.

“What!” shouted all of the girls at once. “Shhh!” whispered Anna. “Are you being serious?” asked Sophie. “Yeah Anna, you can’t joke about things like this,” said Elly. “I’m being serious, I think I’m being stalked!” Anna said quietly. “By who?” asked Alex. “I don’t know but whoever it is better watch out!” Anna replied.

All the girls went home and thought about what happened, they didn’t speak to each other for about a week. The news came on when Sophie was eating breakfast, she wasn’t really listening until the news reporter started talking about a missing person’s investigation. “A 15 year old girl named Anna has gone missing. She has been missing for approximately 4 days now and her parents, Julie and Dave are extremely worried. If you have any information please let the police know.”

Sophie stared at the TV in shock. She picked up her phone and made a 4 way call with Alex, Henri and Elly. “Were you guys watching the news?” asked Sophie. “No, why?” replied the other girls at the same time. Sophie was still in shock, but she just managed to get these words out. “Anna is missing…”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!