The Black BIrd

The Black Bird

Hello all, my name’s Kaitlen. I am twelve years old. I have long black, brown, blond and purple hair. I have one younger sister and a mum, dad and all the rest of my family except the ones that died. So I have a story to tell you all, it’s about a magical black bird. One day I was walking through a forest with my best mate Ellie. It was all normal until she got eaten nah I wasn’t with her I was by myself for some alone time and I noticed that this bird was trying to fly away but it had a bad wing and couldn’t fly. I walked over to it and picked it up. It liked me so it wanted to crawl up around me and be so nice to me I wanted it to be mine. I ran home as quickly as I could. When I finally got home mum was waiting outside and because she loved animals I knew she would keep it and dad would too but they knew it would to be hard to look after. My best friend Ellie with the crazy personality said that she would help me out but she’s gone on a holiday to Greece. Suddenly the whole town knew about it and then I realized it was an endangered creature, probably the last one of its kind! I was amazed it was in my house - everyone else wanted it for the money but I wanted it for its beauty and its culture. I knew from now on I would never let it go.

20 years later
I have named my magical black bird Alf it is living a wonderful life with me. My best friend Ellie lives in Greece, she loves it over there she sends me cards saying how it is over there. Everyone has forgotten it and since the bird is a boy it will always be the only one Alf. You have probably seen that the bird isn’t really magic but I reckon surviving without any family is magic and also to survive this long. You all probably take it as luck but I call it magic.
Kaitlen Rainbird

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!