The Trebling Words Of Goodbye

The taste of her lips still lingering on mine, that taste I will never have again. Everyone said we were the picture perfect couple. I guess you got bored.
Cold and alone, rain pounding on the roof, while I have scenarios running through my head. What we were, what we could have been. I wish her hands were in mine, the comfort & how her fingers slipped into mine like a perfect fit. My head buried deep down into my jumper I could still smell her, it bringing back more and more memories. The feeling of emptiness takes over my body; I can’t hold it in anymore, the tears flow down my face like the rain all around me.
People always said we shouldn’t have been together, everyone judging every single move we made. Trying to put out the flame in our hearts, I never thought it would come to this. She said the words forever and always, but I guess all good thing come to an end.
It was rain before, but now… its hail. The pain of it pounding down so hard on the bus shelter recognises the sound in my head. But nothing can compare to this pain in my heart. I fell it burning deep inside. The feeling in our hearts, the memories fresh in our brains.
Were you only in it for the satisfaction you would get out of being with him? Or the fact that you actually felt wanted by more than one person?
Nothing compares to the way I felt when I was with you. In your arms, safe & happy, like nothing else matters. I used to smile when I think of you and blush. Awake at night I focus on every little thing you did, every little thing you would say.
All the girls in the world can’t fill the hole in my heart that she has left. She thinks she’s now found the man that’s going to put her first, but what she doesn’t know is that no one will ever love her as much as I do. You’ve got his heart and my heart and none of the blame, I did everything I could to keep you but giving your all doesn’t mean anything anymore.
Her best days were my worst, replaced, I feel worthless. Is he going to love you as much as I did? What could he possibly give to you that I didn’t? I gave you my whole heart, but that wasn’t enough. I wish I knew this was coming, that I didn’t even stand a chance.
I’m trying hard to fix the emptiness that’s left in my heart, but none of the pieces seem to fit.
I just hope that now she’s happy and has finally found the one that’s going to treat her right.
Gone.
Now you’re just a memory.
Goodbye, my love.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!