My Last Words

The voices woke me up again. Calling my name from inside my head, getting louder and louder every minute until it finally woke me up. “Jesse, Jesse, Jesse!” It yells, I open my eyes and look up at the darkness in-front of my eyes. There is a ringing sensation in my ears as I pull myself up and sit on the side of my bed. Sitting there for a few minutes gave me time to think about what to do next “how am I going to get to sleep again without this waking me up?” Then I suddenly jumped when I heard a crash from down stairs. “What was that? I’m the only one home aren’t I?” I pull myself up to my feet once more, and silently walk to the door.
I peek out to see if anyone is down the hallway, no one is so I move quickly to the top of the stair case. I lean myself up against the wall and slowly make my way down when I hear the big crashing sound again. I jump again then ran down to the kitchen to see what it was. I stand in the door way and turn the light on, A black figure is standing just before me, I freeze.
Not knowing what to do, I blink and it was gone. My heart was pounding through my chest and shivers ran down my spine. I ran to the phone and dialled 000, I lift the phone to my ear, and someone answers on the other side, “hello how can I help you?” Asked a lady. I explained to her about the activity going on at my house and she asked me a lot of questions such as “ok sir, have you had any alcohol this evening?” and “Do you take any illegal or legal medication?” I answered no to both questions. “If a police officer is in the area, we will send him over.” She explains further, “The officers are very busy tonight so they might not be over there for a while, if not at all.” I agreed “have a good night.” And we ended the call.
I place the phone down and turn my head to peek over my shoulder; it was back, the black figure from before, standing right behind me. “What are you, what do you want with me?” I turn my full attention to the black figure as it drifts backwards. “It looks to be floating” I thought to myself as I take a step towards my hall-way. It jolt’s forward almost touching me, but stops and moves back. It seemed like a warning. I reach out for the phone again. I hear a growl but I keep going, my hand touches the phone and my heart stops, my head turns once more to see the black figure up to my face. I look down to see blood running down my stomach I look up once more. “Good Bye” My Last Words.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!