Lisa's Big Journey



My Mum is an air force pilot, she goes to space a lot but I’m not allowed to go with her. When I’m bigger I want to fly to space with her and maybe she’ll let me go with her.
15 YEARS LATER...
Now Lisa was co- pilot of the team Camry Space Academy which is where her mum worked.
One beautiful day Lisa was asked to fly up to space and collect some souvenirs from the moon. It was a huge opportunity for Lisa. Of course Lisa would say yes but she was a bit scared because she had never done anything like it before.
“Help team Camry, I repeat, team Camry do you hear me?” Lisa’s shuttle was about to crash land. Her GPS was flashing and then it blew up right before her eyes.
Lisa started opening her eyes. Lisa saw this strange little shape appear in front of her. The creature looked like a purple alien with red ears and it was wearing a green cloak.
“Where did you come from” asked Lisa ‘I come from planet Avica but I have lost my family [the Kin]. “How about I help you find your family and you can help me find the clear glass dome which leads into Earth.
The next day Lisa woke with a start and she looked around and the sight was beautiful because she was waking up to the beautiful galaxy with billions and billions of stars and still lying beside her was little Zarly.
Later that day Lisa and Zarly set off. They went up to Neptune, visited planet Zambezia and they even went up to planet Avica looking for the Kin but no hope. That night Lisa heard something so she woke up Zarly.
Guess what? It was a huge group of kin. They all looked so weird but extremely amazing, one of the Kin came up to Lisa and said “you found my daughter” and then Lisa realised that was Zarly’s mother, she was a dark green colour with a purple cloak.
The kin are so nice and they look very cute because they have a smooth, soft, silky body with colourful antennas and beautiful coloured cloaks.
“Zarly it is time we should be leaving now” “but mum I haven’t helped Lisa yet because she helped me find you” mumbled Zarly. “Well how can we help her” said Zarly’s mother. “We need to help her find the clear glass dome into Earth” cried Zarly. “Of course we can help your humanoid friend” said Zarly’s mother.
So the kin and Lisa climbed a space mound and then they saw this huge Solar Eclipse and when the Solar Eclipse faded away in front of them was the glass dome that leads into Earth. So then Lisa stepped through the glass dome and went back to the space station. Lisa may not have brought back any souvenirs from the moon but she had a great story to tell about her amazing journey with Zarly and the Kin.
THE END!
Written by Janine Schatkowski

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!