Unlikley BFFs

Once upon a time there was a piglet called Wilbur. Wilbur lived on Torora Hill Farm. Wilbur was no ordinary pig because all his life he wished to fly.
One day a bird crashed in a hurricane and landed on Torora hill, the bird was a white Albatross; minutes after Mr and Mrs Torora (Wilbur’s owners) found the Albatross and named him Henry.
Wilbur and Henry got along like they were brothers. They did absolutely everything together; sometimes Wilbur would show Henry the one thing he had never shown anyone else in his whole life. It’s a little cove out the back of the barn- it echoed, had a pond and huge mud pit. In there Wilbur would teach Henry to snort, this was the best place for it because the louder he snorted the louder it would echo. He would also teach Henry to be in the perfect ‘rolling in mud’ position and afterwards they would hop in the pond (which sometimes was very hot) and wash off.
Henry would also teach things to Wilbur. Because Wilbur was so passionate about flying, Henry would encourage Wilbur to fly and to show him the posture he should fly in. But sometimes Henry would share the experience by picking him up and flying around the small town for hours.
One windy day Wilbur decided he was game enough to fly, so he found a hay stack, the highest one he could find. He was so high that he thought he was going to be sick and “One, two three. I’m flying look at me woohoo.” Boom! He failed and on the way down he hit a pole. Henry flew straight over there but it was too late he was gone. But what Henry never saw was that Wilbur was still breathing but was unconscious.
That day Wilbur’s owners threw him onto the back of their Ute and drove off. Henry was so miserable without Wilbur he decided to go and follow the Torora’s. He flew for hours, then suddenly he saw Wilbur.
Wilbur awoke and was petrified but when he saw Henry flying over him he was happy for a while, but then he didn’t know what to do. Then he heard Henry calling to him, “Remember what I taught you.” “But I can’t.” squealed Wilbur, “I believe in you Wilbur.” Henry replied in an encouraging voice.
Then out of nowhere he was flying, “Up, up and away, I’m really flying.”
Wilbur’s dream came true, Henry was reunited with his best friend and all was good.

By Hayley Fenton.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!