Captured

I am shivering in shock, nothing like this has ever happened before. I am scared and I need to get home, but how?
My palms are sweating and I am getting dizzy. I can’t help but notice the expressions on their faces… stressed, shocked and angry. I know it’s all directed at me but I would rather not be looked at, I know I have done something wrong and I regret it but everyone says that sorry isn’t the answer to this problem.
These people start to walk towards me, I have never seen them before but it’s clear they have heard about me. I am now crying and I can’t stop, I close my eyes and imagine my mother’s face when she hears about what I’ve done. I can imagine her with tears rolling down her face.
I open my eyes and I am now being dragged by my arms. I know I can’t escape, I am now stuck. “Where are we going? “ I whisper quietly to one of the people. He gives me a stern look to be quiet so I am.
I am chucked into this small room with nothing but a bed. It is cold dark and unwelcoming. I am scared so I sit quietly in the corner of the room letting the shadows swallow me up. They lock the doors and walk away without looking back, besides this one girl she looks about my age, dark eyes and dark hair she is very pale and looks like she hasn’t eaten for ages. We meet each other’s eyes and hold them like that for a couple of seconds before her mother whips her away.
I hear a soft knock on the door, it is dark outside and I wonder who it could be. From the gap under my door appears a piece of cardboard with a few pieces of toast and a couple of eggs on it. I hear a voice just above a whisper, it was the girl. She made me swear that I would never tell anyone she did this and then she just walked away. I never got to find out what her name was and she never asked for mine but I guess it’s safer that way.
I wake up to the sound of the people. There locking up my door but it was never open I see the person with the key he is strong and harsh, he puts the key on top of my door frame and then they all leave, gone. I slide the piece of cardboard under my door and start furiously banging on it. I hear the key drop onto the cardboard so I slide it back into my room. I quickly unlock my door and run. I have been running ever since that night and I will not stop until everything on that day has been forgotten.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!