Demons

My Recollections:
I stand frozen unable to move, memories swirling through my head, memories that had been locked away by her. I wasn’t even aware she had locked up any of my memories, but thanks to my situation they were all coming back, haunting me. I could see why she had locked away these memories, if I had remembered them for no reason at any time my soul would probably destroy itself. Fact was I wasn’t very strong, I was weak and I accepted that.
I stand frozen, Maire Lulea is directly in front of me, gun pointed toward my forehead, bullets loaded. I’m frightened not because there’s a gun pointed at my head, but because I can feel myself slipping into that thing from my memories and the trigger on whether or not it comes out is in her hand.
My hands are covering my ears. I’m trying to shake off the memories but they won’t stop. ‘Please go away’ I cry.
What I’m seeing is my five-year-old self, sitting in a forest crying, blood on my hands. It’s not my blood, but the police officers in front of me, well at least from their barely recognizable bodies. The souls ran off when I pulled them apart. Their blood is splattered all around me.
‘No, you must die’ she screams, pulling the trigger. I watch as the bullet comes flying towards me, then I black out, falling to my knees.

The Forgotten:
I fall to my knees, the bullet just missing my head by a millimetre. The air around me begins to thicken with a dark aura swirling around me, slowly pulsing outward. Curling my hands over my ears, I let out an ear-splitting scream ‘Mum.’ Instantly everyone falls to the ground, out cold, except Maire. My eyes wide-open turn a pure blood red, my body turns black with a visitable dark aura. It swirls around me little tendrils coming off here and there. Crouching like a demon, I stare at her. She steps back and screams out for help but was cut short as I ran up to her and tore her apart.

Awaking:
I wake up, and look around. I felt my stomach drop. Everyone was still asleep but Maire was dead. Her blood everywhere especially on my hands. Sitting there looking at what I had done I cried, I didn’t want to hurt anyone. While I sat there Sharling, the demon that lives within me came out, she came up to me and cradled me in her arms like a little kid. She held me in her arms while I cried. ‘It’s okay sweetie. You didn’t meant it.’ she soothed.
‘But that’s not an excuse, I didn’t just hurt her, I killed her’ I cried.
‘I know, I think it would be best if you forgot most of what happened here.’ She put her hand to my head and I fell asleep as she wiped away my memories, altering them.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!