Take A Better Look

“Another bright and magical day” gushed Ciara. “Yeah, the air here smells so fresh and sweet,” agreed Eddie. The two friends had been spending most of their summer holiday in the nearby fields, talking, relaxing and playing games. But today they felt like an adventure, “Hey why don’t we explore the real depths of the forest today,” Suggested Ciara as the pair set off for a voyage through the unexplored depths of the woods. As the friends walked along taking in the amazing surroundings they chatted quietly. Ciara and Eddie soon reached a point in the dark forest where they had never been before, they soon found themselves at the large golden gate, as they peered through the gate they just saw the same track ahead of them but as Eddie heaved open the gate it revealed a magical world filled with perfectly manicured gardens, cute little animals and a humongous waterfall. As they walked through they were stopped by an atrocious looking troll. The troll explained that they had just trapped themselves in this magical garden and they had to go on a scavenger hunt in order to get out of the garden. But before Ciara and Eddie could turn around and run out through the gate, with a loud clatter it was heaved shut. Ciara and Eddie looked at each other, their faces filled with horror. When they turned around the troll was nowhere to be seen and they was a piece of paper on the ground. It read “For the scavenger hunt you need to find a series of majestical items in a short amount of time. Successfully achieve this and you will be able to leave, but if you fail you will be obliged to live here in the magical forest forever. The seven items you have to find are, two blue frog’s leg, one purple four leaf clover, two fairies one purple and one green, a bunch of bright yellow daffodils and a troll with blue hair. You must find these items in one hour or you will face horrid consequences. Your time starts now.” Ciara and Eddie rushed off in different directions. Soon enough they had both found 2 items each. There were still two fairies and a troll to find. They grouped up and found the two fairies. Unfortunately time had run up and they were still yet to find the blue haired troll. The troll appeared with a saddened look on his face, “unfortunately you have not found the mandatory items in the required time limit, and you will now be locked in this diverse world.” He turned to walk away, Ciara started freaking out but soon realized that the mean troll actually had blue hair, “wait a minute,” she called after him, “you are a troll, correct, and you have blue hair.” The troll looked ecstatic “Congratulations, it took you long enough but you still made it.” As the golden gate opened the two friends skipped out into the woods merrily.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!